In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Ecologyla naturaleza — nature
- vivir en contacto con la naturaleza — to live close to nature
- dejemos obrar a la naturaleza — let's allow nature to take its course
2(índole)natureafecciones de naturaleza alérgica — diseases of an allergic nature
- la naturaleza humana — human nature
- conozco mi naturaleza y sé cómo voy a reaccionar — I know what I'm like and I know how I'll react
- es indolente por naturaleza — he's naturally lazy
- es de naturaleza agresiva y violenta — he's aggressive and violent by nature
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.