In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1nevernunca te he mentido / no te he mentido nunca — I have never lied to you
- nunca es tarde — it's never too late
- no viene casi nunca — he hardly ever comes
- aquello fue algo nunca visto — it was absolutely incredible
- hoy más que nunca — today more than ever (before)
- bailó como nunca — she danced like never before
- nunca más le volvió a escribir — she never wrote to him again
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.