In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- No se corte ... ¿Otra dosis de pentotal?
- Los otros dos aún viven porque la dosis de pentotal ha caducado.
- Fue necesaria una baja dosis de pentotal para detener la convulsión excesiva.
- El pentotal “suero de la verdad” ha sido utilizado ilegalmente.
- "Al parecer, lo drogaron con ""pentotal""."
- Vi a un médico poniendo pentotal, eso me impactó.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.