In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(en la mejilla) smack!(al caerse) crash!(al caerse) bang!(al caer al agua) splash!
- Plaf, Pum, Tam, Fom, se murió.
- Plaf plaf plaf plaf, sin palabras .... Grande 205, grande grande.
- Plaf, dolor. estás a unas cuantas maromas de saber.
- Plaf, plaf, se sumergen los remos de los seis hermanos, agitando el brillo sin romperlo.
- Plaf, se la ponía delante de la cara.
- Plaf, plaf, se sumergen los remos de los seis hermanos.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.