In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tendencyleaningleaningsun estilo de clara propensión impresionista — a style that shows strong impressionist tendencies / leanings
- la propensión del hombre a la maldad — man's tendency toward(s) / propensity for / inclination toward(s) evil
- personas que tienen propensión a este tipo de accidente — people who are prone to accidents of this kind
- propensión a + inf — tendency to + inf
- tiene propensión a engordar — he tends to put on weight
- tiene gran propensión a resfriarse — he tends to catch a lot of colds
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.