In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1protectionbrindar/dar protección a algn — to offer/give protection to sb
- bajo la protección de sus padres — protected by his parents
- la protección del medio ambiente — the protection of the environment
- viviendas de protección oficial — subsidized housing
- es peligroso exponerse a los rayos del sol sin protección — it is dangerous to expose yourself to the sun's rays without (adequate) protection
- protección solar factor 30 — sun protection factor 30
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.