In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- El reostato y el control del limpia luneta, tienen luz interna?
- La velocidad es controlada mediante un reostato electrónico.
- La intensidad de la fuente luminosa se puede regular mediante un reostato.
- Suponemos también que podemos aportar calor al líquido del tanque mediante un reostato.
- El reostato de las luces se me quemó.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.