In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Medicinehealthno se encuentra bien de salud — she's not in very good health
- goza de buena salud — he enjoys good health
- te lo juro por la salud de mis hijos — I swear it on my mother's grave
- salud espiritual — spiritual wellbeing
- curarse en salud — to play safe
- vender salud — to be a picture of health
2¡salud! — bless you! Latin America Spain
- ¡a su salud! — your (very good) health!
- ¡a la salud de los novios! — the bride and groom!
- salud, dinero y amor / (Spain) salud, amor y pesetas — here's to health, wealth and love!
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.