In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(acción) selection(conjunto de cosas, personas) selectionla selección de los candidatos fue muy difícil — selecting / choosing the candidates / the selection of the candidates was very difficult
- una empresa de selección de personal — an employment / a recruitment agency
- una selección representativa de su obra — a representative selection / sample of her work
- hizo una selección de los mejores — she selected the best ones
- la selección nacional — the national team
- hoy juega la selección — Spain (or Colombia etc.) are playing today
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.