In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- La semilla posee dos tegumentos envolventes, la testa y el tegmen.
- Tegmen con el manubrio corto, cuadrangular y con el ápice bífido.
- Testa de color marrón y tegmen de color marrón oscuro.
- Tegmen y lóbulo basal en vista dorsal.
- Tegmen y detalle en vista lateral.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.