In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(época establecida)seasonla temporada de fútbol — the football season
- trabajos de temporada — seasonal / casual jobs
- verduras de temporada — seasonal vegetables
- las naranjas están fuera de/están en temporada — oranges are out of/are in season
- en plena temporada turística — at the height of the tourist season
- la moda para esta temporada — this season's fashion
- [ S ] rebajas de fin de temporada — end of season reductions
2(período de tiempo)hace una temporada que no lo veo — I haven't seen him for a while / for some time
- hemos tenido una temporada de mucho trabajo en la oficina — we have had a very busy spell / period in the office
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.