In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tendencysus tendencias homosexuales — his homosexual tendencies / leanings
- un grupo de tendencia marxista — a group with Marxist tendencies / leanings
- para frenar esta tendencia expansiva — to slow down this tendency / trend toward(s) expansion
- tendencia a algo — trend toward(s) sth
- tendencia a la baja/al alza — downward/upward trend
- tendencia a + inf — tendency to + inf
- tiene tendencia a exagerar — she has a tendency to exaggerate
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.