plural personal pronoun
1(como sujeto)you¿quién lo va a hacer? — ustedes — who's going to do it? — you (are)
- y ustedes, señores ¿qué desean? — what can I do for you, gentlemen?
- ustedes mismos lo dijeron — you said so yourselves
- ustedes no van, no me importa lo que hagan los otros chicos — I don't care what the other children are doing, you're not going
2(en comparaciones, con preposiciones)youllegamos después que ustedes — we arrived after you (did)
- no tienen tantos empleados como ustedes — they don't have as many employees as you
- ¿se lo ofrecieron a ustedes? — did they offer it to you?
- con/contra/para ustedes — with/against/for you
3de ustedes — yours
- son de ustedes — they're yours
In most of Spain vosotros is the familiar plural form of address but in the rest of the Spanish-speaking world ustedes is used as the familiar as well as the polite form