In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Velour - Alfombras de pelo cortado con una superficie aterciopelada uniforme.
- La contrapunto del terciopelo tejido es el velour.
- Los pañales ecológicos tradicionales son hechos de algodón, franela y velour.
- Alfombrillas de velour personalizadas con emblemas de marcas y modelos.
- Alfombrillas de velour de gran calidad y de goma a medida original para coches.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.