In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Peru between 500 and 2300m above sea level
- En la zona de la yunga es una de las especies dominantes.
- Viven en una zona de transición entre la yunga y el Chaco.
- Tendremos que esperar cien años para volver a tener la verdadera yunga.
- Arquitectura paisajista nos traslada a Tucumán, a un jardín en la exuberante yunga.
- SNM, en plena yunga (selva) boliviana.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.